THE NITM AT A GLANCE
The NITM is governed by a thirty-six members Council (the policy-making body) elected by its members. The Council has the power to co-opt up to fifteen additional members and it elects eight of its own members to the Board to implement policy and oversee the day-to-day management of the Institute. The Council’s Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson are ex-official members of the Board.
The Board may co-opt two additional members. The Board also appoints the Chief Executive (who is an ex-official member of the Board) and the Company Secretary.
Responsibilities of the Board
The board of NITM is responsible for the following:
- Deciding and implementing overall NITM strategy.
- Planning the Institute’s policy and practice on risk management.
- Measuring and managing performance of Institute personnel.
- Evaluating the management of the Institute.
- Communicating with Institute members.
- Approving major transactions to which the Institute would be a party.
- Assessing and monitoring principles for best management practice.
MANAGING THE INSTITUTE
The NITM is governed by a thirty-six members Council (the policy-making body) elected by its members.